RMG Staffing is partnering with a Government Agency to hire a knowledgeable Accounts Payable that will play a pivotal role. This position exists to ensure all Bureau vendors and other accounts payables are processed accurately and paid on a timely basis in accordance with established policies and procedures.
At RMG Staffing, we prioritize connecting qualified candidates with the right decision makers to ensure your application receives the attention it deserves. When you apply through RMG Staffing, you will gain the advantage of having a team of experts advocating for you. We will work with you to understand your skills, experience, and career goals to make sure that you have success with your job search.
Apply and take this opportunity to join the best of the best and advance your hospitality career by joining a company committed to helping you grow along with us, and great benefits like:
Work is fast paced and is performed under variable pressure. The work environment is formal. Accuracy is essential. Supervisor provides general guidance. Work is monitored occasionally by the supervisor. Work is performed under specific guidelines and criteria. Work is performed indoors. The work is moderately complex. Mistakes may result in monetary loss and/or loss of time and may impact a deadline and/or damage to the reputation of the department and organization. Uses independent judgment and discretion to carryout job responsibilities. Works closely with Board level check signers (Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.) coordinating check signatures and answering questions relating to vendor payments as necessary. Works with confidential information.
- · Disseminates information
- · Performs analyses of requested information or data
- · Checks and follows-up as required
- · Establishment and maintenance of filing systems
- · Processes vendor invoices, employee expense reimbursements, etc.
- · Uses initiative & discretion to resolve and handle customer inquiries
- · Analyzes data and performs moderately complex calculations
- · Creates spreadsheets
Principal Accountabilities (goals):
1. Maintains vendor files and storage filing systems.
2. Reviews check requests, employee expense reports, vendor invoices, etc. for accuracy and completeness.
3. Inputs payables information, generates vendor payments, maintains vendor files, generates checks & ensures checks are signed according to policy.
4. Prepare and send Wire Transfers.
5. Assists supervisor in periodic account reconciliation.
6. Processes petty cash requests.
7. Maintains other schedules and appropriate files as assigned by supervisor.
8. Code and entry Contributed Services Reports.
9. Secures checks and petty cash on hand.
10. Monthly reconcile Accounts Payable subsidiary ledger to the General Ledger and resolve any variances.
11. Supervises the storage and timely disposition of business records in accordance to policy.
12. Regularly update Accounting Policy & Procedures Manual as necessary.
May work on special projects as assigned.