Miami, FL 33131 US
The Project Architect is a team leader that is relied upon to ensure the quality, accuracy, and professionalism of the final architectural product and service provided. The project architect shall oversee each project to translate the initial ideas into a built project on time and within budget. With each project, you will be meeting with clients and stakeholders to discuss the initial design, prepare construction documents and oversee permitting and construction administration.
To ensure success as a project architect, you should have in-depth knowledge of code compliance and document production, experience with project management in the industry, excellent communication skills and organizational skills, and can supervise and manage others.
•Participate in all project phases, including but not limited to Feasibility Studies, Conceptual Design, Presentations, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Specifications, Permitting, and Construction Administration.
• Collaborate with clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies, and vendors.
• Deliver all construction documents at an excellent quality with a high attention to detail. •Establish deadlines and milestones to deliver projects on time and within budget.
• Perform quality controlchecks for architecture and engineering drawings, including coordination of all disciplines.
• Maintain project logs including permit review, client decisions, design changes, scope changes, submittals, RFIs, punch lists, etc.
• Assist in managing client expectations.
Bachelor's degree in architecture required.
5-years minimum in architectural design and documentation experience.
Experience in office, retail, residential, and/or multifamily projects preferred. Excellent organization and communication skills, including writing and speaking.
Experienced in the Permit Review Process.
Experienced in providing Construction Administration services.
Strong knowledge of the Florida Building Code, Accessibility Code, and NFPA101. Strong knowledge of construction drawings and construction methods.
Proficient in Word and Excel.
Proficient in Revit and Sketchup preferred.
Proficient design capabilities accompanied with excellent graphical skills.